[Foundation-l] identity disclosure and access to OTRS/Checkuser

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:45:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/30 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:
>> Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>> The tinfoil protects me from *government* conspiracies. You need more
>>> than a hat to protect against rogue Wikimedians!
>>
>> This suggests that the average rogue Wikimedian is smarter than a
>> government.  Not an unlikely prospect. :-)
>
> Well, yeah, that was the joke...

In an era where the Japanese mandated cameras and automatic
age-detection software on cigarette vending machines to avoid sales to
minors, and those cameras accept a magazine photo of an adult face
held up to the camera as legitimate, it never pays to be too
pessimistic about "security measures".

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com