[Foundation-l] Clarification on order of appointment of chapter and nomination committee derived board members.

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 15:20:09 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:

[snippage]

>> ...is it possible
>> that "experts" will ratify the selection
>> of community trustees (accepting here
>> implicitly that chapter recommended
>> board appointed trustees are community
>> trustees)?
>
> It is not the responsibility of the nominating committee to appoint
> chapter representants. Period.

I was referring to the possibility that such experts
as Stu West on the board, will have a veto on the final
choices the chapters present to be appointed as trustees.

A full 4 of them, they are nominated and appointed
before the chapters come up with their final
suggestions for trusteeship.

> There is nothing wrong in suggesting that the nominating committee might
> recommand the name of a person previously recommanded by chapters and
> refused by the board. I guess that would be a second rather serious red
> flag.

Or vice versa, I suppose (that is the chapters might suggest a name
rejected either by the nominating committee itself, or a suggestion
by the nomination committee vetoed by the board).

>> Yours,
>>
>> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
>
> The big question is as to whether chapters will come up with names
> before the 15th of october... Do you feel like leading the process to
> speed up the proposition of a procedure Jussi ?

I appreciate you will not have made such a suggestion lightly, so
I will answer it with all seriousness. Before I make a full
commitment, can you direct me to where the efforts on this are
coördinated? I can only find the meta page, where there is very
little activity visible.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen