[Foundation-l] Global rights proposal

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:16:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:33 PM, David Yellope <sirfozzie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not just En-Wiki, but any large project that has its own set of
> administrators/Stewards as well.
>
> Again, opt-in, not opt-out. If a community wants this anti-vandal/"global"
> sysop role, I have no problem with that. But until/unless a community opts
> in to this, it is an absolute non-starter

This just shows how you do not understand the proposal.  This is for
small wikis with few to no permanent administrators who *need* this
extra help.  If a wiki knows enough about Meta to be able to opt-in...
chances are it probably doesn't need the help.  It is much easier and
more efficient to have a *policy* opt-/out/.

Large wikis are already opted out in the proposed policy and have
their chance to create a local policy regarding their own regulations
of the tools (which a few have done).  Again, it's not possible to
have "opt-in, not opt-out"... it would defeat the purpose of this
proposal.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023