[Foundation-l] New draft of privacy policy (urgent)

Jesse Plamondon-Willard pathoschild at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:55:36 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still too long and rambling. It's clearly written with the
> intention of educating users about privacy on Wikimedia projects,
> rather than primarily as a binding policy on WMF, yet no user is ever
> going to read it.

Agreed; I don't think this is ready for approval. The policy should
only contain policy, and link elsewhere for documentation and
philosophy. This is particularly important since we cannot regularly
edit the privacy policy to correct the documentation and philosophy.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)