[Foundation-l] All-staff meeting & tech meetings next week

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 20 00:18:01 UTC 2008

FYI -

the Wikimedia Foundation staff is going to meet next week in San Francisco,
Thursday & Friday. These meetings which include all remote staff. The
purpose of these meetings is to

* get to know each other (in many cases for the first time)
* present & discuss departmental budgets and overall annual plan for FY08-09
* review & develop departmental goals and overall organizational goals
for FY08-09

(Once all these materials are finalized, they will be publicly shared.)

We will work once again with a professional facilitator for these
meetings, who has done terrific work for us in the past.

In addition to the all-staff meeting, the technical team will visit
the O'Reilly Velocity conference on web performance and scalability
Monday and Tuesday, and will have a series of tech meetings on
Wednesday. These will be related to roadmap development, annual
reviews, and discussion of specific technical topics such as hosting
issues.

As a consequence, WMF as a whole is going to be streched thin next
week. So, to the extent that you're waiting for something to happen,
especially from the tech team, please bear with us as we go through
these critical meetings leading into the next fiscal year.

Thanks!
Erik
--
Erik Möller