[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

Titan Deng theodoranian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:04:57 UTC 2008

In Chinese language, we use "剽竊" (Piao Qie) to describe the action of piracy
without attribution.
I just look up some online dictionary. 剽 could be translated as to steal or
to rob, and 竊 means the action of theft.

For a man educated under the Chinese culture, to call the action of
Baidupedia as theft is not violating the common sense.

Regards,
Titan

Support the Wikimedia Foundation: http://donate.wikimedia.org