[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:02:00 UTC 2008

2008/6/12 Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com>:

> Focus on prevention rather than perpetually ineffective treatment. By
> more actively discouraging (perhaps outright prohibiting) the use of
> real-life identity or any information traceable to it. Ask Florence to
> buy some paper-shredders for the Office. Be creative.

Contrariwise, there are those who move from a wacky net handle to
their real name. I created my account in my real name because I
started editing Wikipedia to do a serious job of work and didn't
consider a wacky handle appropriate. Also, should copyright ever
become an issue, I suspect having my real name being used will help.
That is: I'm entirely unsure blanket discouragement of real names is
actually a good idea.

- d.