[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:26:10 UTC 2008

One could make an argument that the Foundation has a compilation
copyright on the contents of the encyclopedias, if one wanted to
launch some legal efforts based on the existing content before we get
a more explicit authorized-agent license in the legalese associated
with making a contribution.

Someone might fight back on that point, and might conceivably win, but
we'd probably make it to trial on that point.  Which is probably far
enough.

-george