[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:38:54 UTC 2008

To some degree this is silly ... we enable mirrors and encourage them,
if they are legit and do the right thing under GFDL.

Perhaps honey is a better approach than vinegar.

"We are glad to see that you're mirroring our contributors' content,
but we're confused about why you haven't put in the history and
credits info as the GFDL license requires.  How can we work with you
to try and get your site properly compliant and set up as a proper
Wikipedia mirror?  Thanks!"

On the other hand, bad faith or extended refusal to cooperate or
respond would shift to a more antagonistic model...

-george william herbert