[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:05:46 UTC 2008

As some of you know by now, Daniel Brandt recently published a list of all
my friends on Facebook.  The timing strongly implies he did so in response
to my decision to step forward about having been the target of violent
threats.

It is a great pleasure to report I now have more Facebook friends than I did
when Mr. Brant published.  Gerard Meijssen has set up a Facebook group
called "Durova and friends" in protest against harassers and their
enablers.  The group is growing rapidly.

On a more practical and serious level, one thing that could have helped in
David Shankbone's situation is if there were a global block feature, and
perhaps a global protect for user pages.  David's stalker followed him
across dozens of projects.  One thing that often happens with such people is
that they test boundaries and become aggressive when they discover that
boundaries are weak or absent.  By erecting better boundaries onsite we
improve the chances that a problem will end swiftly.

-Durova

--
http://durova.blogspot.com/