[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 02:40:44 UTC 2008

 > Durova's point is that in her case, law enforcement was unable and
unwilling
> to help. Apathetic would be an understatement. Willfully negligent might
be
> even more appropriate. I think her point is that we ought to consider what
> actions the foundation can take to assist individuals in cases where the
> courts and law enforcement aren't a recourse.

Some of them might best be persuaded by having a couple of burly
motorcyclists show up for a discrete discussion. ;-)

----
Actually in my case they were able but unwilling until I used the wonderful
democratic system we have in my country.  You see, the city in question was
Los Angeles.  Jim Hahn, city attorney, had decided to run for mayor.  I
brought full documentation of my case to the campaign of his opponent,
Antonio Villaraigosa.  Both were in a runoff election.  Within days of my
consultation, the outgoing Republican mayor Richard Riordan endorsed
Villaraigosa.  It was rather unusual that that the Republican decided to
support the more liberal of two Democrats.

-Durova

--
http://durova.blogspot.com/