[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Jun 11 02:37:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> In order to prevent the traditional devolution of Foundation-l discussions
> into irrelevancies, the next step ought to be concrete suggestions regarding
> what we can actually do (if anything). If the Foundation can't establish
> procedures for handling serious events of stalking, can the community do so
> in its stead?

I don't think the Foundation or the community can do anything
directly.  Asking the Foundation or the community to stop stalking
would be like asking Facebook or Myspace (or their communities) to
stop child abuse.

Indirectly, I think there's a catch-22.  Wikimedia projects rely on
people sitting on their computers for hours upon hours working for
free.  That attracts weird people.