[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 02:13:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Dennis During <dcduring at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is stalking in the real world a crime in itself?  The making of
> threats of bodily harm certainly is a crime. Stalking behavior would
> certainly make such a threat seem more real, but is stalking without
> an explicit threat a crime?

It depends on jurisdiction of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking#Laws_on_stalking

The most effective method of fighting stalking, cyber or real, is to
improve our coverage of these laws, including coverage on how
effective these laws have been.

The full text of any law or judicial decision can be placed onto
Wikisource, annotated and discussed, and translated into other
languages.  On en.WS, use {{PD-GovEdict}}.

--
John