[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 01:34:00 UTC 2008

Well, I don't know if I have mentioned this before but there are certain
civil remedies that can be taken. First, when legal action is filed, at
least in California, you can have a peace officer serve the summons. A
officer at the door tends to make stalkers lose their belief of
invincibility. In addition, restraining orders can be enforced by the person
holding the order. It is a matter of filing a contempt motion and is a pain,
but it is effective.

----
Geoff, I have long experience with both the theoretical and practical
aspects of California law in this regard.

-Durova

--
http://durova.blogspot.com/