[Foundation-l] Commons Usurp issue

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:50:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Simetrical
<Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bwikilist at gmail.com>>
wrote:

> <snip>

4) Last I heard, the deployment plan is indeed that eventually all
> conflicts are going to be forcibly resolved through some means,
> presumably with no consideration for local project policy.
>
> <snip>

A brief conversation I had with Tim Starling a few weeks ago suggested that
this is probably not the case.  Though some SUL proposals included forcible
renaming to resolve all conflicts, the thinking as I understand it now is
that non-trivial conflicts will only be resolved through manual on-wiki
renaming (in accordance with whatever policies the communities adopt), with
the expectation that some conflicts will be allowed to persist
indefinitely.  For practical purposes this just means that some conflicted
accounts may never have access to SUL.

-Robert Rohde