[Foundation-l] Unable to vote

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:01:38 UTC 2008

>  The short term figure answers the question,
>  "Are you still alive?"  Even one edit during the specified time might be
>  enough for this, as could evidence of other useful activity within that
>  same time.

If that's the case, you could just consider voting itself to be a
useful activity and do away with the requirement. My understanding is
that the short term figure is there is make sure you are a current
member of the community, not just a former member. (I'm not saying
former members shouldn't be able to vote, I'm undecided on that point,
I'm just giving my interpretation of the rules as they stand.)