[Foundation-l] Unable to vote

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Jun 2 19:51:39 UTC 2008

:-(

I think we should in the future do away with edit-based suffrage
requirements in favor of something else.  First, being an editor with N
edits is hardly what we are really looking for... what we are looking
for is "responsible people actually associated with our community".
Second, there are many of those people who, like Austin or some of the
developers, are unable to vote because they have been doing other
incredibly useful stuff.

I would almost go so far as to say that suffrage should go to project
admins, completely ignoring edit count.

But this is just a random thought passing through my head at this
moment, so please don't freak out on me. :)