[Foundation-l] Voting

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Sun Jun 1 22:36:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 17:26 +0200, effe iets anders wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hear a lot of problems with the voting. First of all, i had
> apperently to hear it in the pub, and it is not spread through other
> channels? (but this might come later?)

What do you prefer? For the election committee to email foundation-l
when every technical issue come up, leave it a few days for it to be
talked to death, see if there's a consensus, and then if there's
consensus to see if anyone want to implement whatever the consensus is
regarding a solution? Or alternatively, along with the sysadmins (mainly
Tim), & SPI try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible?

I'm sure will be happy to go with the first one, it'll mean less work
and worry for me (and others). Simply press forward to foundation-l, and
sit back for a few days.

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 18:30 +0300, Harel Cain wrote:
> I can report that most (eligible!) users from hewiki are denied the
> right to vote because they purportedly do not meet the requirements. I
> think there is something very wrong with the list of eligible users
> passed on to SPI, and it manifests itself non-uniformly over the
> projects (in other words, it looks like some projects are fine and
> some are not).

The sysadmin & election committee obviously should have foreseen someone
would go and decide localhost is an open proxy and hence should be
indefinitely blocked.... </sarcasm>

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine