[Foundation-l] Board Election 2008 : fake candidature ?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:11:54 UTC 2008

On 01/06/2008, Nicolas Guérin <nguerin.zurich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for this title a bit provocating,
>  but i just wonder how a candidate for the board election 2008
>  (User:Thekohser, see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thekohser ) can run
>  with :
>
>  * being banned indefinitely on en.wp (see :
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=block&page=User:Thekohser)
>  * having at least 34 blocked sockpuppets on en.wp (see :
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_MyWikiBiz )
>
>  Did somebody already checked it, or is it really allowed to vote for such
>  candidate ?

I don't know of any of the candidacy requirements that would be
violated by any of that. I would hope people would take it into
account when voting, but if people want to vote for someone that's
been banned from a project, they're allowed to do so. One project
can't dictate whether or not someone can stand for the board of the
whole foundation, can they?