[Foundation-l] Knol: on the bright side of things...

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:16:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  (I am aware of the difficulties in making the transition)
>
> It's not difficult, it's impossible. There is work going on to try and
> make GFDL compatible with CC-BY-SA, that's the best we can hope for.

The best we could hope for is a huge shift from SA-like license
preference to merely BY-like license preference among the community.
Highly unlikely.

Perfectly acceptable would be a community effort by people who accept
BY-like licenses to rewrite stuff from WP and our sources into Knol,
under BY.

The question is whether that's worth it...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com