[Foundation-l] discussion about banning external hotlinking

Simetrical Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:37:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I think the flickr style size links on top is preferable ... less
> likely to get missed.

I don't actually see anywhere to copy and paste HTML to hotlink images
from Flickr.  I only see a download link, and that only after clicking
a tiny and easily-missed "All Sizes" link just above the image.  Does
the HTML only appear on some images?

If we're talking about likelihood of getting missed, ImageShack's
approach sure seems to be pretty noticeable:

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1sp3.png

But that uses a lot of screen real estate.