[Foundation-l] Direct url's posted (Re: Wikimania 2008; online video recordings)

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sat Jul 26 18:20:16 UTC 2008

Chad schreef:
> As a note of interest, newer versions of Microsoft Media Server make use
> of RTSP as opposed to their proprietary stack. Whether or not that helps
> anyone to stream, I don't know (the article on [[w:Microsoft Media Server]]
> seems to say VLC can play it, I haven't tried personally).
>
> -Chad

Yes VLC can play it. At least most of them. There was a video where the
video did not worked, only the audio. But with Mplayer that one worked fine.

I am currently attempting to download the videos by playing the video in
VLC and dumping the video to a local file. If that works I will upload
them. I have attempted it before but near the end it did get stuck.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community