[Foundation-l] Chapters Committee

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:29:16 UTC 2008

Hello Peter, hello all,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 03:26, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:
> G'day folks,
>
> ...first time poster to the foundation list, I think - so be gentle! (and
> nice to 'meet' you all!)
>
> I noticed that the terms of a majority of the good folk on the Chapters
> Committee have expired, and also understand that they're currently working
> on extending these / confirming the lineup etc. - I just thought I'd state
> formally on this list that this is an area I'm interested in helping out in,
> and I think there's a good, clear, need for such a committee in this area...
> I like to bang the drum of good communications wherever possible, and feel
> that it's a rather important time for this committee, so I'd like to try and
> help them getting up to date, and their message/s out there!
>
> I've copied the committee's list because it's clearly relavent, but would
> also like to ask other list members here about their appraisal of the
> committee - and how folk see its role evolving....

I would also welcome any comments on how the chapters committee role
is perceived and what people think it should be, since I clearly see a
deficit in communication on our part concerning that role. Although
the committee has been functional in the past few months in helping
new chapters get on board the Wikimedia boat, I believe that there is
much to be done to make its intervention a streamlined process.

Ingenuous questions are welcome, and as Peter says, anyone interested
in joining us should let themselves be known as we renew/expand our
membership.

Best,

Delphine

--