[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Jul 24 00:58:49 UTC 2008

John Vandenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2008/7/23 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hoi,
>>> In SignWriting you do not have a "w" .. no sounds you see :) Do you want me
>>> to get you a vector image of ASL thank you ?
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> I am wondering why "thank you" specifically... I mean, I can see
>> reasons, but we could use a lot of stuff with equal justification. Is
>> there anything vaguely contextually appropriate that visually
>> resembles a "W" to some degree or another?
>>

> Including sign language, irrespective of whether it can be justified
> based on population, gels with what we all about.  There are only
> limited spots, it cant hope to be representative, so the makeup of the
> cube needs to be indicative.
>
> "Thank you" doesnt seem a natural choose, but seeing what it looks
> like might help there.
>
> We?  As in, "we are one" .. ?

If a version of the logo is going to include SignWriting, I think using
"we" is a very good idea. It both captures the collaborative aspect and,
for us hearing types, suggests the initial syllable of "wiki". (I have
no real opinion about what languages to incorporate into the logo, but I
like those suggestions so far that would allow for some flexibility.)

--Michael Snow