[Foundation-l] Wikimania2008 Sessions online

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:41:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Moushira Elamrawy <moushirah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dears,
>
> Greetings from Alex!
>
> Some Wikimania2008 sessions are now available on-line. Thanks for Bibalex
> ICT team for recording all session, and thanks to Kaltura team that was
> on-site for uploading material and setting the page layout, here:
>
> http://www.kaltura.com/devwiki/index.php/Wikimania_Sessions
>
> To review keynote and invited session, kindly go to
> http://webcast.bibalex.org/home/home.aspx, a hint for Firefox on lunix
> users, is found here: http://linuxawy.org/node/28

I couldn't play these without installing non-free software and I can
not play them at all on the non-x86 platform I'm using at the moment,
because the proprietary software is not provided except for x86.  ...
in fact,  nothing at all is displaying on that page, so I can't figure
out how to download the files (if they are downloadable at all)

It appears that the videos are embedded by embedding flash movies
provided by a non-mediawiki kaltura server at kaltura.com and that the
kaltura extension still works just like the youtube embedding
extension.   At least when embedding youtube there are well known ways
of downloading the files.