[Foundation-l] Ethics project on Wikiversity

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 16:00:34 UTC 2008

2008/7/13 Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com>:

>> Again no one suggested that. However it should not allow itself to be
>> used as an attack vector against wikipedia.
>
> So, nobody is suggesting that WV be censored for the benefit of WP,
> but it should definitely not be allowed to be an attack vector against
> it? Isn't that exactly the same thing? You're saying precisely that WV
> content should be censored for the benefit of WP!

As far as I can tell, no-one intends to say that. What several people
*are* saying, some subtly and some not, is... well, this project is
not likely to go anywhere useful; it appears to be a group of people
disgruntled with one project wandering off to find somewhere they can
write about how disgruntled they are and tell everyone You're Doing It
Wrong.

All in all, that seems a fair thing to warn the WV community about.
Whether they choose to do anything, how they choose to handle these
people, is up to them; but there's absolutely nothing wrong with
someone saying - look out for this, it might be messy.

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk