[Foundation-l] Top posters

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jul 5 12:37:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> The latter. We are trying to give a hint to people who post "too much"
> that perhaps they should cut back a little, without actually being all
> up in their business and being all like "HEY YOU STFU", you know?

A convincing discussion as to what's wrong with posting "too much"
would work much better.  So far it seems to come down to people not
having decent e-mail readers and people who think that lowering the
number of posts is somehow going to magically increase the quality.
As for the latter belief, I've seen mailing lists try this, and I've
never seen it work.

If a group of you want to go off and start a new mailing list with
(soft or hard) posting limits, feel free.  You have my full support.

Anthony