[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Implementing the Babel extension

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Jul 3 12:43:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:05 AM, mike.lifeguard
<mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a fairly easy solution if we want to have a consistent set of babel
> templates across all wikis: Special:Export on the templates at meta,
> Special:Import on each wiki, and create the appropriate categories. Granted,
> there are >700 wikis, but this can be scripted.

One complication to this is that templates often include other
templates.  I've found it quite time consuming transferring templates
like the userbox templates to my own wiki.  A script *could* be made
to automate this, but it'd be non-trivial to create.