[Foundation-l] Our values

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:24:14 UTC 2008

I generally agree with your points. The only comment I would make is
regarding the order - while you didn't explicitly number the values,
so the order you gave may not represent priorities as you see them, I
think it is important to put them in order in order to resolve
conflicts between them (for example, should we give up independence in
order to keep the community happy? [not that I can see that ever
coming up])

I would order them:

1) Freedom
2) Transparency
3) Independence
4) Quality of service
5) Diversity
6) Community

The main reasoning behind that order is that things like Community and
Diversity are really just what we consider to be the best way of
achieving things like Freedom and Transparency. Our main value is
Freedom, the other values are just means to an end.