[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year results

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:48:12 UTC 2008

Dear Wikimedians,

The 2007 Picture of the Year competition is now concluded, and we are
happy to announce the results:

WINNER: '''Broadway Tower in Cotswolds, England.''' ([[:Image:Broadway
tower edit.jpg]]) by [[:en:User:Newton2|Newton2]]. 84 votes

RUNNER-UP: '''New York City at night, USA.''' ([[:Image:New York City
at night HDR.jpg]]) by ''Paulo Barcellos Jr.''. 67 votes

2ND RUNNER-UP: '''Red Squirrel in the Hofgarten in Düsseldorf'''
([[:Image:Eichhörnchen Düsseldorf Hofgarten edit.jpg]]) by [[User:Ray
eye|Ray eye]]. 66 votes

In the first round, there were 665 voting among 514 images. The top 28
made it to the final, where 919 voters voted. Congratulations to all
the contributors who helped create these beautiful works and made them
available to the world as free content.

A complete listing of the voting totals, along with selected voter
comments, is available at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Results
.

Thanks to all the voters for participating, and we look forward to
doing it all again for 2008. :)

Thanks, Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007