[Foundation-l] "Historical" languages and constructed languages

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:46:45 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I have read the WP:NOT on the English Wikipedia  and I fail to see how it
might apply. A Wikipedia in any language is there to provide information.
This is no different for a Wikipedia in a constructed language. The
provisions of this policy can be applied without any need for change.

One of the applications for using Wikipedia is reading in the language that
you are learning. This is a valid use and it is as valid for constructed
languages. People who construct a language typically state that everything
can be expressed by it. The only way of proving this is by expressing about
everything hence an encyclopaedic approach makes sense to them as it is the
only way they can prove people that deny their ability to do so.
Thanks,
     GerardM