[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] 1.6 Billion USD to spare? How about liberation of some pic...

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 23 16:50:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 6:11, "Brianna Laugher"
<brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the impression that the developers and the Board are somewhat
> aware of Commons' wishes and concerns (although naturally no one makes
> any promises :)) and when the new software developers are hired I hope
> and believe our requests may start to be seriously considered.

Indeed; currently we have very limited resources. We've been promised
the opportunity to bring on more full time devs but we're not as far
as hiring yet.

In the meantime, the sad circumstance is that the work Commons needs
isn't able to get much dedicated attention from WMF. Interested
volunteers would be very welcome; the JS and toolserver tools going on
are an *awesome* start but more integrated stuff is needed for upload,
tagging, and search.

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)