[Foundation-l] Update of the Gift Policy

Brad Patrick bradp.wmf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:11:52 UTC 2008

Gerard:

The idea is that other non-profits (large foundations, for example) should
be free to support the mission of the organization, but are obligated to the
same standards under the US code.  Is there a difference between the Gates
Foundation giving $ versus Bill Gates, individually, or Microsoft, as a
company?  The government thinks so.  The point of the gift policy is to put
the consideration of such gifts in the sound discretion of the Board.  Now
the policy is explicit.

Brad