[Foundation-l] thoughts on leakages

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:51:13 UTC 2008

> <snip>
> One of the best protections we have against the Foundation being taken
> over by insane space aliens is good database dumps.

And how long has it been since we had good database dumps?

We haven't had an image dump in ages, and most of the major projects
(enwiki, dewiki, frwiki, commons) routinely fail to generate full history
dumps.

I assume it's not intentional, but at the moment it would be very difficult
to fork the major projects in anything approaching a comprehensive way.

In the absense of dumps, I also wonder how much would survive if a meteorite
(or similar implausible catastrophe) destroyed the main data center.

-Robert Rohde