[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WMF Staff] Happy New Year (LONG update note)

Mike R tacodeposit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:27:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 2:38 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> FYI-
>
> for those who are interested, a longer update from Sue on various
> operational issues. I've posted the attached org chart to:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Foundation_Org_Chart_January_2008.pdf

Should volunteer positions with official titles be represented on the
org chart? e.g. "Chief Research Coordniator" (formerly "Chief Research
Officer")

See http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Chief_Research_Coordinator.
This sounds like an official position despite it being an unpaid
volunteer one. The page on the foundation wiki describes whom the
Chief Research Coordinator reports to and what his required duties are
("As a minimum, the CRC is required to send a report of their
activities to the Board every two weeks.") What other volunteer
positions with official titles like this are there? Are they listed in
any centralized location?

Thanks,
Mike R