[Foundation-l] Fair use being badly abused on en.wikipedia

Brian Hammer hammersoft123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:26:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:03 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> The vast majority of the remaining fair use images are not possible to
> replace with free images.

All episode screenshots are non-replaceable too. All album covers
are not replaceable too. All book covers are not replaceable too
(well, except the old ones).

If that's an argument to retain fair use images, then we need to
liberalize fair use across the entire project. The criteria isn't just
whether something is replaceable or not. If that was the sole
criteria, we'd have millions upon millions of fair use images.

Hammersoft