[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 17:02:38 UTC 2008

> Not only that the arbitrators must be familiar with the rules and
> practices of the project in question.  It is not enough to read the
> languages.

That's an excellent point. I think that pretty much rules out a
meta-arbcom considering cases for small projects without their own
arbcom.

> I don't even know of any instances where the en:Arbcom has
> ruled on any problem arising in one of the other English languafe sister
> projects.  If it tried to impose en:wp practices on any of them I'm sure
> there would be a storm of controversy.

The enwiki Arbcom doesn't have jurisdiction over other projects, so
would never accept cases from them. The only way they would ever end
up considering a case for them would be if they were approached by the
community of that project, so there wouldn't be any controversy, since
it would be that's project's decision. I doubt the enwiki Arbcom would
agree to it even if they were approached though, it's not what they're
there for.