[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jan 6 04:12:21 UTC 2008

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
> On 1/5/08, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Before any meta arbcom could be formed it would definitely need a
>> strong definition of its jurisdiction.
>>
>> I just wanted to make a comment for consideration about electing
>> people to it. I may not be the only person concerned that it would be
>> a strong concentration of power, and therefore a magnet to those who
>> seek power, and that the people who most should be on it may be
>> discouraged from actually participating due to the politics it will
>> attract.
>>
> Yet another reason why having a meta arbcom that only operates in
> English, would be a tragic mistake.
There are certainly several major concerns about starting up the
metarbcom, not the least of which defining itself.  Perhaps the
Wikicouncil should be established first, granted its authority in a slow
and safe manner.  Somewhere along the way it could be given the task of
developping the metarbcom.

Ec