[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 07:05:54 UTC 2008

I finally got a response from my JAG friend. The key answer is "unit-
specific" which means commander's discretion. However, according to
him, the general rule is that personal use is allowed during duty
hours as long as it is not "excessive", and off duty hours, most units
allow unlimited personal access within the rules of their standing
orders (i.e. no porn or criminal sites, etc.).

However, this all comes down to commander's discretion, and they are
free to modify the rules under their command as they see fit.

-Dan