[Foundation-l] Reply to Mark

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Feb 29 12:57:41 UTC 2008

> According to the Henley Visa Restrictions Index, Egyptians are able to
> obtain visas in 24 countries. Was Egypt the best choice of these 24?
>
> --
> Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)

Are you serious? Would Sudan (visa free for Egyptians) or Ethiopia (visa
on arrival) be better?

I am not sure that citizens of the fist world countries really appreciate
what does it mean to be able to enter most of the countries without visa.

Not that I am defending the decision to host Wikimania in Alexandria, and
not that I am planning to go there myself (even though I could get visa on
arrival).

I actually think that the thread became pointless a long time ago. If the
point is to select the next location carefully, then we should discuss the
next location.

Cheers,
Yaroslav