[Foundation-l] Status of cloak requests

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:10:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Majorly <axel9891 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  Sean, it isn't that you are lazy - far from it. It's the fact you and James
>  are probably two of the least active people on IRC/Wikipedia. James has been
>  absent for nearly a month now, your status is nearly always set to away (as
>  is his), and while we appreciate you are busy in real life, this is stuff
>  that needs doing. There are plenty of people trustworthy enough for this
>  role. In the past, we've had more than two contacts (Essjay, Fennec, Angela,
>  da_didi were all at the same time if I recall). What's the problem with
>  adding an additional person (or more), who will actually get the work done
>  well and without big delays?

If the problem lies with the people at freenode, then it doesnt matter
how active either of these two people are. For what it's worth, when I
asked for my cloak a little while back, it was handled in a very
timely fashion. That says to me that these two volunteers are actually
very speedy, when there are no impediments.

I would be interested in volunteering to be a group contact as well,
if more were needed.

--Andrew Whitworth