[Foundation-l] Next board meeting

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:26:40 UTC 2008

> I'm not saying that there isn't a choice. I'm also not saying whether
>  a treasurer should or should not be appointed. I'm saying that I've
>  never seen it written that the treasurer MUST be appointed, and so I
>  have no reason to assume that such a rule exists.
>
>  Maybe the board is, by your reasoning, foolish to the extreme. Maybe it is not.

Well, http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Treasurer_Search says
"appoint" and makes no mention of it being only until an election and
there is no reason to assume they plan to put it to a vote, so I'm
going to give them the benefit of the minuscule amount of doubt and
assume they are not foolish to the extreme.