[Foundation-l] Could we consider PD-US images to be free enough at the Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia?

Kjetil Ree kjetilhr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:11:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

Because of
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Image:Nobel_Prize_Medal_2.jpg,
some users at the Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia (no.wikipedia.org) want to
upload it locally, using the equivalent of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:PD-US.

An EDP has to be "in accordance with United States law and the law of
countries where the project content is predominantly accessed," but does a
similar rule apply to the images we consider to be in the Public Domain?
This work was made by Swedish sculptor and engraver Erik Lindberg
(1873–1966), and is therefore not in the Public Domain in Norway. Do we have
to follow Norwegian laws, or could we just follow the laws of Florida / the
U.S. ?

-Kjetil (User:Kjetil_r)