[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia-wide global blocking mechanism?

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 14:33:27 UTC 2008

The problem with opt-out is that a wiki must know this
even *exists* in order to opt-out.  So if you are
capable of notifing all the village pumps in a
language they can comprehend, this is reasonable.  If
you are not capable of that, opt-out is not
reasonable.  If this is mainly for wiki's with no
community, then allow stewards to "opt-in" such
wiki's. If they have no community, they will not
object.

Birgitte SB