[Foundation-l] New project proposal: Soviet Repressions Memorial

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 02:17:41 UTC 2008

2008/12/25 Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:
>> Well where will it stop? If we have a project, we should have a memorial
>> project for all disasters. I echo Mr. Bimmler in his concerns about the
>> motives behind this proposal.
>
> I think half a dozen might do, one for the victims of Hitler, one for the
> victims of Stalin, one for the victims of Pol Pot, one for the victims of
> Mao, one for victims of the inquisition, etc,

What about Carthage? What about the native Americans (general
estimates are we managed to kill off about 90% of them without really
meeting them)? An Shi Rebellion? Mongol Conquests? 	Shaka's conquests?

They we get the political fun ones. The islamic invasion of india.
Arab slave trade. The Muslims killed of in china.  Nanking Massacre.
	Anticommunist purge in Indonesia. The various post independence
Pakistan /India/Bangladesh stuff.

--
geni