[Foundation-l] Britannica became free

Hay (Husky) huskyr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:03:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I checked a larger biography, and it looked complete to me. Note that it
> uses ajax to load article sections as you scroll to them, so you have to
> scroll up and down the page to trigger all the ajax loads before you can
> copy the text out.
It even works with Javascript turned off, but then you have to click
all the subheadings in the topic box to progress to the next piece of
text (which can be just a few lines long). The Javascript version is
not very user-friendly too, because you have to stare at the loading
animations before you can read the text.

-- Hay / Husky