[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Commons-l] Making Wikimedia Commons less frightening

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 20:43:25 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I would prefer work done on the usability of Commons. Not solving the issues
means that we will never get a repository of images that because of its
composition offers a non biased view of the world.  Once people who do not
speak English share in the benefits of Commons and are able to find images
as well as anyone else we will have largely overcome the bias because once
these people profit from Commons, they are likely to upload to Commons as
well.

Policies and stuff are evolved and determined by discussion,.Commons needs
the adoption of the idea that these other languages need to be supported as
much as English is. Once this idea has been adopted, software can be adopted
or developed that gives Commons relevance in the rest of the world.
Thanks,
     GerardM