[Foundation-l] Site notice suggestion needed.

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 18:04:52 UTC 2008

effe iets anders wrote:
> What about the total number of edits? Does anyone know that number? And I
> mean for *all* language versions together. Assuming an avg 10 edits/article:
>
> 110 million edits
> to write 11 million articles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Statistics gives 268 million+ for
enwiki alone, but I agree that would be a good one.

The number of page views per second might also be interesting. I believe
the number of total server requests per second average is something like
55,000, though that includes images, stylesheets, etc. I'm not sure how
it translates into actual pageviews. Special:Search on enwiki alone gets
about 240 hits/s at peak time.

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)