[Foundation-l] Moving towards a more usable MediaWiki

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:42:23 UTC 2008

2008/12/3 Marcus Buck <me at marcusbuck.org>:
> Mark Wagner hett schreven:
>> You're still missing the point: *HOW* did they fail?  What step in the
>> process of creating an article did not happen?  Once this is known, it
>> becomes possible to devise a solution; conversely, as long as it it
>> unknown, any attempts at solving the problem will fail.
> They were placed in front of a opened wiki and got told to create an
> article, start a new page (I guess, it was _not_ the English wikipedia,
> if you assumed that, but more likely a UNICEF wiki).

Did this experiment the motivation to create a page? Or did the UNICEF
guys just asked the testees to create a page?

For most people the first and last thought about such an experiment
would be: "Why on Earth would i *want* to create a page on the UNICEF
wiki"?

Wikipedia is completely different. Did you ever give a thought to the
fact that the first sentence of nearly every WP article is "X is Y".
Thousands of people created millions of pages in Wikipedia, because
they had the motivation to tell that their favorite subject IS
something.

(I invite everyone here to take a look at [[Predication]] and
[[E-Prime]] to get an idea about the importance of the "is" in "X is
Y".)

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

heb: http://haharoni.wordpress.com | eng: http://aharoni.wordpress.com