[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:32:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Getting empowered" is not equal to "learning English".

The two are not equal, to be sure. But, at the risk of sounding
pugilistic, I will say that there probably is a positive correlation
between knowing a more "popular" language and knowledge empowerment.

Even if this is true, the foundation is more interested in getting
people involved (which means targeting native languages) then in
trying to "convert" people to more popular (and possibly more
empowering) languages. To do the second task we would still want to
create projects in small languages so we could write learning
resources to teach people the big languages.

--Andrew Whitworth